Who is OXYOL?
What are O-ACES products?
Why are O-ACES products different
from other additive and catalyst suppliers?
What are the core benefits
of O-ACES catalysts?
How do O-ACES products work?
How are O-ACES products applied
What proof is there that using
O-ACES products will significantly reduce fuel consumption?
Are the benefits from O-ACES
only short term?
What engines and applications
have used O-ACES products?
Will using O-ACES products
damage my engine?
Will using O-ACES product
void my manufacturers engine warranty?
Can I test the products before
What are the health and safety
requirements of O-ACES?
How much does O-ACES cost?
Are O-ACES products available
for the general public?
Does O-ACES 4 change the octane?
What does O-ACES 2 do to cetane?
Does O-ACES raise the temperature
of the combustion process?
Does O-ACES lubricate the
Do OXYOL supply catalysts
for renewable fuels?
Key to OXYOL's early focus was the identification
of fossil fuel solutions that offered immediate commercial
payback as opposed to the usual 'cost of compliance'. Their
research took them to the U.S., where they identified the opportunity
for the O-ACES product range which offered solutions for today
and tomorrow and met the payback criteria.
Previously only available in the U.S. and
latterly in China, OXYOL has brought the O-ACES range to Europe
for the first time in late 2006 and it is now undergoing Proof
of Benefit programmes across a range of industry applications. Click
here to contact a member of the OXYOL team and find out
how you can take part in a Proof of Benefits programme.
In addition, OXYOL has established a research
partnership with the University of Bath led by the Mechanical
Engineering Department (with the support from The Chemistry
Department) in alternative fuel research as well as specific
product development and evaluation projects.
OXYOL’s senior investor is Tudor Group (www.tudorfunds.com),
a $15bn investment corporation.
- Eradicate fuel storage problems caused (in particular) by bacteria, fungus and water attraction
- Improves fuel flow via general detergents and deposit control
- Proprietary detergents clean the engine removing abrasive carbon deposits and insoluble gums, waxes and varnishes
- Creates a more complete combustion cycle, meaning more of the fuel is burnt
- Increases engine lubrication
- Reduces ‘blow-by’ to improve compression, reduce engine wear and increase engine oil life
- Reduce emissions
- Fuel storage: kill bacteria and fungus that damage your fuel
- Clean your engine removing engine dirt which reduces engine
- Ignition improvers, cetane enhancers and oxygen agitators combine to increase
the air / fuel ratio and extend the combustion process by slowing down the
burn rate of the mixture and increasing compression. In essence, this means
a more complete burn of the fuel to deliver the same amount of work from a
lower volume of fuel. This also reduces engine temperature.
- The additive when burnt leaves behind a synthetic lubricant
in the top cylinder area, countering the reduced lubricity
in modern fuels driven by regulatory changes to eliminate
sulphur (a natural lubricant), improve emissions and introduce
renewable fuel sources into the blend mix.
- By increasing lubricity and reducing engine temperature,
counter the increased engine wear characteristics of emissions
led mechanical design changes (to engines) required to meet
EURO 4 and EURO 5 regulations.
- It has now treated in excess of 50bn litres of fuel
- All categories of off-road equipment in the mining, quarrying, construction and landfill industries.
- Large GenSet applications, particularly on-shore and off-shore drilling.
- Commercial marine applications e.g. tugs and barges
- Commercial on-road applications e.g. buses and road haulage.
- Trials are currently under way on trains.
- No attempt has been made to enter the car or small commercial vehicle markets.
- Customer testimonial from ‘blue-chip’ companies and ‘direct call’ corroboration can be made available on request.
In addition to these customer testimonials we also
have the findings from three extensive test programmes commissioned by the US Military and the US Department of Energy and conducted by premier, independent engine research and test facilities are found below.
Full details on these reports can be found in the Testimonials section of this website.
O-ACES 2 MSDA
The ignition improvers and oxygen agitators in O-ACES 2 are engineered to react upon specifically designed conditions – in particular under certain temperatures and pressures (elevation of heat and compression). Thus, until such specific combustion conditions are met, the catalysts are “dormant”. This is particularly important in understanding how to calculate the derived Cetane improvement as conducted by the SwRI using a CFR test engine.
- Significantly lower calorific value (27%+ lower) when used at ‘cut-in’ levels in excess of 10%.
- Zero lubricity qualities.
- Greater water and bacteria attraction.
- Increased gelling propensity.
- Increased corrosiveness.